Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stuff

I didn't even realize Easter is this weekend. I am literally taking things one day at a time. I can't remember the last time I felt this overwhlemed. I know there's only a few weeks left and I know I can get through it, but it's seriously one of the hardest semester's I've had.

One of the complicating factors is feeling like I haven't done anything to help my clients this semester. I'm sure I probably have and yes, seeing results from some therapy takes awhile, but I still feel a little bit useless. I am trying to remind myself that I am just a student and should not hold myself to a higher standard - but I do. I want to help these people and I guess I take it a little too personally. I have to remember that I am only one part of the process - they are the other and I can only do so much. It was one of the reasons I wanted to be an SLP in the first place, I just didn't realize how hard it would be for me NOT to hold myself completely responsible for their progress.

With Summer I'll be halfway through the program - crazy. I have no idea what's going to happen and where I'm going to end up. I do know that I'll be happy, but I would also love to have some more certainty about HOW things are going to work out. Oh well. Add it to the list of things I need to learn from Grad School...

p.s. GenCon 182 was great! I only fell asleep a couple of times - which for me is really, really good!! There were definitely some messages I needed to hear - I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's and Elder Nelson's talks.

No comments: