Monday, April 23, 2012

Quick update

There are two weeks of the semester left. This is the last week of class and next week are finals. We finished up clients last week and are doing final paperwork this week. We are in the home stretch and I feel anxious to be done with this semester!! Summer should be interesting. I'm not excited to be in school during the summer, but I am anxious to get through the program. I have Summer and Fall with classes and clients and then my final semester is Externships and one class. So, I have just one year left and I expect it's going to go pretty quickly now.

I have to apply now for externships, which I've done, but I have no idea how that's going to work out. Basically, we sign up for school credit, which means we have to pay tuition, and then get we the privilege of working for someone for 10 weeks with no time off or breaks. Sounds like fun right? The tradeoff is that we actually get work experience and all of the 2nd years I've talked to have enjoyed the experience. They all say it's worth it. I am looking forward to getting to that point!

Thanks for all the support everyone. I know I haven't been around much and I haven't been involved in the get-togethers and parties and such. It's been hard to find time to stay connected with people, but I appreciate all the encouragement! It keeps me going and I really need it right now!!

Two weeks to grad school "bump-day!"

No comments: