Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sad news...

My grandfather passed away this morning. I am still in shock a little and shaken up, even though this was not unexpected. I am glad I had the chance to visit him when I did.

Apparently this last week had been very bad for him. He was in a lot of pain; he had a blood clot in his leg that the doctor's didn't believe was worth doing anything about. They ramped up his morphine and sent him home (that was Sunday). I guess his pain was pretty bad, even with the morphine. For that reason, I'm glad he is not in pain any longer. I am also glad that he did not have to linger in pain. That was one thing I was grateful for with my dad, that he went relatively quickly too.

I'm in a bit of a daze still and not sure what to do. I hate that life doesn't stop. I know that I need to find quiet time to ponder and pray, meditate and cry, or do whatever I need to do, but it's hard to find the time when other obligations come up.  Some things don't wait and I just pray for strength to be sane and endure.

The anniversary of my dad's death is on the 11th of March. I usually feel some melancholy at this time of year; so maybe in a way it's good that these events are so close together - I can deal with it all at once. It's never easy, but the knowledge of where we go after this life comforts me and I have peace. I know that we are all in the Lord's hands and when he says it's our time to go, then it's the right time, because he is perfect and he knows perfectly when and where we are needed.

2 comments:

Delia D'Nell said...

Micah, I am so sorry. Is there anything I can do?

Heather Anderson said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Micah. Please let me know if you need anything - even if it's just a distraction.