Monday, February 21, 2011

I learn a new word

So here's the background:
My sister's b-day is today (happy birthday R.!) and she really, REALLY wanted us to watch a movie this weekend called Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say, I thought it was pretty funny.

One of the best moments was learning a new word: Minger. I wasn't sure what it meant so I looked it up online. I have no idea of the etymology, but here's the definition I found that is my favorite:

Minger - (adj.) Someone who fell out of the ugly tree at birth and hit every branch on the way down!

You'd be surprised how hard it is to work this into a conversation appropriately... trust me, I've been trying!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Foster said...

I totally have faith in you to do this.

Carry on!