Friday, March 11, 2011

Update

Today marks the third day in a weird mourning trifecta. It started with my Grandpa's passing and funeral, then my dad's birthday and today is the anniversary of his passing. It came quickly this year. I can't believe it's been four years already. I still remember everything like it was yesterday. It seems like so much has changed so quickly, until I realize that the only thing that has really changed is me.

I think I've grown up a lot in the last 4 years. I hope in ways that my dad would be proud of me. I've certainly taken some risks, especially going back to school, but I feel like that has all been a part of my growth as well.

I've learned a lot too. I don't know that I can put it all into words, so I won't attempt to, but I'm glad for what I've gone through these last 4 years. I really wouldn't trade it for anything.

I know I'm in the right place. I feel like I'm where I need to be. I miss my dad; I miss sharing with him the things I've learned and the ways I've grown, but I know that he knows all that. And I know he is in the right place; I know he's where he needs to be, I just sometimes wish that his "right place" was still here.

No comments: