Saturday, March 19, 2011

More info

I felt good about applying to Grad School and felt confident I was going to get in, but then the doubts came...

Especially when all the Audiology students were hearing back, but not the SLP students - granted, they have a different admission committee, but still.

Then I was talking to a friend who said they normally have about 60 people apply and admit about 25-30 people. Normally. Because of the economy, this year was different. They had about 187 applications!! 3 times the "normal" amount. I have not asked (nor do I want to) how many people they admitted. I'm guessing they admitted more than usual, but still! After thinking about it, I realized that I should be even more honored than I was at first. This was never a competition for me, but hearing that 187 people applied suddenly made me feel like it was. In any case, I am even more humbled that they accepted me and feel like this is definitely the right thing for me to be doing.

(Now if I could just lose like a hundred pounds, life would be REALLY awesome!!!)

No comments: