Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break at the Library

I am at the Marriott Library right now, on campus at the U. It's pretty quiet which doesn't surprise me for Spring Break. You may be asking yourself, "Micah, why are you at the library on Spring Break?" And I would answer, "because I'm a nerd." Hahaha - only kind of kidding...

In any case, it's kind of fun being here when it's so empty. A lot of the tables have been cleared away and the carpets have been/are being cleaned, so it smells "soapy." About 10 minutes ago I almost had a heart attack at a scraping/click-ey noise right above my head, but then Ella Fitzgerald's voice came streaming through the intercom. Someone turned on some old-time music (Pandora?) and they are piping it through the intercom system. Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstong, now Frank Sinatra is singing, "Just the way you look tonight." I might be annoyed any other day, but I love this type of music, the 40's/50's, big band type stuff - classic! To think I could be at work/home right now missing this! I love having unexpected experiences in familiar settings. I like a little extaordinary in an ordinary day.

The real reason I'm here is for the internet so I can update my financial aid for grad school (I just LOVE how that sounds!!) and check my emails. I do have some homework to do this week and I didn't want to go out of town or anything, so I think I will enjoy doing homework "at my own pace" and hopefully stay on top of things. I don't know how I did on my midterms (I still have one next week), so I am trying not to think about it, but it's hard!

No comments: