Monday, March 22, 2010

Has anyone seen my Kefi?

I recently watched the 2nd season of Chuck and I love this show. I really do like lots of different kinds of shows (except reality shows - I hate it when reality becomes scripted... it's no longer "real," but I digress...), however I seem to gravitate to certain kinds of shows. Some of my favorite shows, past or present, are (in no particular order): 30 Rock, Alias, X-Files, Medium, Lost, Numbers, Fringe, Bones, Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Star Trek: TNG, 3rd Rock From the Sun, etc. (This list doesn't even include British TV Shows or Cartoons!)

While I think I have a range of interests, I do seem to gravitate to some of the more sci-fi-ish types of shows. While watching Chuck, which is a spy "dramedy" I was asking myself why I liked this show so much. The answer was, I watch those shows and think, what would I do in that situation? Which I know is totally ridiculous because it's tv, not real life, but what if...?

That's when I realized I have no Kefi. Has anyone out there seen the movie My Life in Ruins? I actually really like that movie and part of the plot is Nia Vardalos' character trying to find her Kefi. It doesn't have an exact English translation, but it incorporates the themes of passion, dreams, fun, excitement, spirit, etc.

I don't think I have any Kefi in my life, so I find it in these shows which allow me a chance to "escape" reality for a time and think about how exciting it would be to be a spy; having to use your wits, that rush of controlled adrenaline in dangerous situations, kung fu-ing the crap out of the bad guys... I think that would be fun. Now, I should just say, for the sake of honesty, I have no illusions about what I'm capable of in real life and if I were to be a spy, I would be dead in 3.5 seconds. But, it's fun to think about anyway.

So, where does Kefi come from and where do I find it? I guess what I'm basically saying is that I realized that I don't have anything in my life to be passionate about. I may have lots of interests and hobbies, stuff like art and cooking, etc., but nothing that I really feel passionate about. I don't have that thing that I really "live" for, ya know?

How do I find my Kefi?

2 comments:

Thauna said...

Lately I think I have too much Kefi....and it makes me crazy. I can't do enough to make me feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I think I can sum up that my Kefi is making ordinary things look pretty. (photos, web design, etc)

liz said...

I've never seen the movie, but I ordered it from Netflix. ttyl Liz