Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Arch

So I did a dumb thing and volunteered to have my picture taken at work. (Note to self: fine print is fine for a reason... they WANT you to not read it!) They said they were putting together a presentation and needed some photos of work-setting situations and expressions. I think I have an expressive face. I have been taught to share talents. Hence, my volunteering.

So, we did a few casual shots and then they said, "do suspiciously confused." Now, it's quite natural for me to whip out The Arch, so this was not difficult instruction. But I forget that not everyone has yet been exposed to The Arch. When they saw it, it took a moment for them to realize what they were seeing. Then the camera flash starting going off, take after take after take! They had flipped over The Arch. Long shots, close-ups, head-shots, you name it, they did it. And I was on top of my game. I couldn't take a bad picture; not with the Arch; it's impossible.

Afterward, I didn't feel that I had simply done my civic duty in supporting my co-workers in the development of superior training materials, so much as give them a gift. The gift of the Arch. Which I've just now decided to re-name The Blue Magnum Arch.

Now, there were only a few of us in the room that day and I know some of you skeptics may be asking, "Oh yeah? Prove it." Well I can't... at least not with the photos they took. You see I signed a little waiver (more fine print! curses!). But I have a camera of my own and, while I'm not a professional photographer, I've done my best to recapture The Blue Steel Arch. Thus, here is my gift to you:


p.s. some details may have been embellished and/or fabricated for purely entertainment purposes.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I think you should complete your civic duty by volunteering at a center for kids who can't read good. :)

John said...

Love it! I have my own arch but nothing to compare with The Blue Steel (or is it The Blue Magnum?) Arch.

My claim to fame would have to be the "scowl of death". Apparently it’s a permanent, subconscious part of my appearance. :o)