Monday, May 9, 2011

New Semester

I start school today... again. Last week flew by, but I do feel that I was able to relax and enjoy it a little, so that's good.

My class is an online class through USU. I'm not a huge fan of online classes per se, because I don't feel there's a lot of consistency - or maybe I'm just lazy and unmotivated. Well, knowing that I HAVE to do well in this class to be able to start the Master's program at the U will hopefully be motivation enough. I did learn today that there are weekly quizzes; I'm actually glad as I hope that will keep me on track!

The only minor issue now is the fact that I don't have the internet at home. Pop quiz: do you think NOT having the internet would make an online class harder or easier? Answer: Umm.. Harder! Much, much harder. (Duh!)

My plan has been to wait until my cell phone plan is up for renewal and then upgrade to a phone that has "hot spot" capability, through which I can then run the internet on my computer off my phone. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until June 24th or some other such non-sense!! Grrrr... Oh well, I've been "making do" so far, I guess I can keep it up for a couple more months.

Bottom line: Online classes are T - U - F tough, without the "online!"

No comments: