Sunday, May 1, 2011

Freedom! ...now what?

I am done with the semester as of last Friday!!! Whoohoo!! I am FREE!!


For a week.

Then I have to start my online class for the Summer. Bummer. Normally, I would not be taking an online class - way too easy for me to blow off. I like classroom learning much better; that and I am not motivated enough on my own... usually. I am hoping that the fact that I am "conditionally" accepted into the Master's program will be enough to keep me on track!

However, my big worry now is what to do with myself for the next week. I was so busy with school that I didn't make a plan for my time off. Me and unplanned free-time equals disaster. I usually end up totally wasting my time on frivolous stuff, then agonizing how I "should have done this or that!" No more "should!" I hate that word, but I hate it even more when I "should" all over myself.

So I'll hit the Temple tomorrow because I haven't been "in awhile." Then who knows. Do a little writing, a little painting, you know, whatever. Maybe this time I'll try something new - actually enjoying the break and not beating myself up for not being 110% productive 120% of the time. Hey I know! See a movie! It's been so long since I've just gone to a movie... and I still haven't seen the King's Speech... so I guess I have lots of catching up to do!!

(Ever notice how I use lots of "quotation marks" when I type? Guess what, I do that in real life too - lots of "air quotes" - I don't know why - always been that way!)

No comments: