Friday, April 16, 2010

"Bring Your Blog to Work" Day!

I thought since my sis was having so much fun documenting her daily life in the PRC, I thought, "why not document mine?" The photos* below outline my journey through work on a typical day.

*Click on a photo to see it enlarged.













I arrive. This is what my building looks like from where I park. (No, I'm not forced to park out in BFE, but it's just something I do to encourage more daily walking.)














By the by, it was a pretty morning!













Here is our reception desk that I walk past every morning.












Here is the big logo I pass as well. I go just around the corner to the left to clock in.












Me clocking in. (7:15am - right on time!)














Here is the LONG hall I walk down to the secure area of the building.












Here we are! Quick lean to the right to wave my badge in front of the security... thingy.












Here's the next hall! An immediate turn to the left...












...and I'm at my department. We are smak dab in the middle of the building with no sky lights or windows. Lame.












I walk straight ahead a bit, then turn right.













Straight ahead to the first left.












Hit the "clr" button on the copy machine as I walk past because I'm Monk-ishly OCD and say hi to the pretend greenery. Turning right.












My cubie is the last on the left.












You can tell because it has my name on it...












Here's looking into one corner...












...here's the other.












This is my fun wall. It's fun! Lots of China stuff from Reb!












This is my POV (point of view) just before I log in to my computer.












This is me working. (for those of you who are frequent visitors, I just happen to be wearing my Orange Sweater again - I promise, I've only worn it to work, like, three times now. And, memo to me, didn't realize it brought out my bald spot so much... hmm... I'll have to think about that one...












Anyway, here is my co-worker. We are on the same team. We don't talk much. (J/K - she's at school a lot so I don't see her much anyway!)

Today wasn't typical in that we were going on a field trip. They just finished the SelectHealth building and were giving us a tour, so...















Here's the other end of the hall from where I entered the "secured" area - basically at the back door that is not open to the public.















Here we are on our way.












And here's the entrance we just left.












The new home of SelectHeath. It may look somewhat plain, but it really is a nice building.












This was in the elevator. Look how cute Loretta is, she's not usually so coy! By the way, on the far left, that is not red eye on Ashley; she is half dutch, half devil.












This is the view looking west from the third floor, at the end of our tour.

That's really about it. All in all, it was a typical day, excepting for our little excursion, and now it's time to go home. Back out the maze and down the long hall...












...this is me clocking out. 4:21pm - phew, long day!












There's Eli (my car) still waiting for me waaaaaay at the end of the parking lot.












"Bye, Employee Services Center, see you tomorrow!"

I just realized why I never documented my daily life before - way too boring!!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I liked seeing that. Are you the person that I call and yell at when I'm mad about my insurance?

If so, sorry...kind of. :)

Marianne said...

Oops, I just remembered. You're in HR right?

Kevin and Ashley said...

Micah - you got it all wrong. 1/4 dutch and 3/4 devil. Get it right. HA! Our jobs are SO exciting, eh?

mjfoster77 said...

Yes, please don't call me when you're mad about your insurance, unless you just want a sympathetic ear! :)

mjfoster77 said...

To "Kevin and Ashley" - I couldn't remember the percentages for sure! Sorry I didn't get a chance to ask your permission or "sign a waiver," but I have a goofier picture of you that would have been much more humiliating! I'll send it to you on Monday as proof!