Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You think you know someone...

...and then you realize how little you actually know.

Take, for instance, the following example:

I recently learned that someone close to me, while a teenager, was kidnapped and held for ransom.

Okay, true, that's not something that will come up in casual conversation, but still, this person is CLOSE to me, meaning, I know pretty much everything about them... or at least I thought I did.

This person was held for two days by college kids who wanted concert tickets... so it's not like this was on par with, say, the Lindbergh Baby kidnapping, but still...

Makes me wonder what else I don't know...?

p.s. this is a really good example that illustrates why people should keep personal histories and, ironically, why I don't. Nothing that exciting ever happens to me!

No comments: