Sunday, April 3, 2011

GenCon 181

I always enjoy General Conference! This one was no exception. I don't recall a lot of specific things said, but I took notes and marked the speakers that I know I'll need to go back to and read. Perhaps because it was so near the end I recall it better, but I was moved by Elder Holland's talk. I felt touched at his sincerity. I loved how he said that somehow, through all the messages and various topics, which are unassigned, that those who listen by the spirit to the messages prepared by the spirit would receive a "personal epistle." I felt that was true for me.

I had many questions that I wanted to receive answers to. I felt that even though most were not directly answered (or perhaps I just mean as directly as I would have liked) I felt the spirit alerting me to the speakers and topics that I would want to listen to and read later, that by future study, I might find the answers I seek. In other words, the answers I seek are there, but I need to do a little more work to obtain them. I'm okay with that.

I have been in many spiritual places in my life, some places have been very dark, some have been very bright. I can't help being grateful to be at a place where listening to conference is important to me. True, I have had to make some decisions about what I feel is important for me, but I also feel that the power to obtain the blessings I've obtained have come from my Father in Heaven. I feel a little bit like a boat, where my small, little rudder, or my will, is effective enough to direct my course, but only when coupled with the powerful driving force of the Lord's wind. Only with his help can I stay on course...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your thoughts on conference. I agree with you about Bro. Holland's talk. We are so blessed to live in this time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I usually watch the DVD's at least 4-5 times searching for answers. Love you cousin!

Jo

RAW mess said...

Conference is always fun. I liked your page, your blogs and articles in it.