Thursday, January 29, 2009

Turning the light on

Have you ever been afraid of the dark? I have. And I realize that I wasn't so much afraid of the dark as the fact that I couldn't see what was in the dark. I would hear noises and my imagination would run away with me about what was lurking in the corners and under the bed, etc. Then I would turn the light on and realize that there was nothing there to be afraid of, but I had to see it in the light to know that.

I've just experienced that feeling, but in a totally unexpected way. I've had something inside me that I was terrified of, but I could never really identify what it was. Then, through a difficult experience, the light came on and I was finally able to see it, and see it for what it was. I now know what I was afriad of for so long and I'm not afraid of it anymore. It's been a simple, but powerful experience that has drawn me closer to my father in heaven and helped me to place a greater trust in his wisdom and love for me. If there's something in your life that you're afraid of, shine a little light on it and see it for what it is - we never have to live afraid when we have access to so much light.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I love this post. It was like reading a clip from the Ensign - which is my current favorite magazine. Thanks for sharing this thought.

Delia D'Nell said...

ummm..one question: WHAT WERE YOU AFRAID OF?

Thauna said...

This is a great post...made me smile because that is just how I feel in the dark. I'm thinking now about where I need to shine some light...hmm, maybe other 'there' first. :o) Thanks!

Thauna said...

Hey,
I'm passing on a blog award to you...see my blog for details.
http://silly-fluffnstuff.blogspot.com/

(((hugs)))