Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Morbidly obese and... perfectly healthy?

So there's good news and there's bad news: The good news? My blood work came back perfect. Like, perfect! Everything right in the normal ranges where they should be. The test included testosterone, thyroid, inflammation markers, etc. [The only thing a little high was my blood pressure at 132/89, which is still totally in the acceptable range.] So I'm super happy about that! The bad news? My blood work came back perfect! (yeah, you read that right!) So how can "perfect" blood work be bad? Well, how can someone have perfect blood work and still be 100 pounds overweight? (And DON'T give me that "fat set point" garbage, 'cause I don't accept that!) It may sound crazy, but I was really hoping to find something that would explain why I'm sooooo overweight - and why it's been so hard to lose weight! So, I'm a little disappointed that I have perfect blood work. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to know I'm healthy on the inside, but that still doesn't mean I want an award for being the healthiest morbidly obese person on the planet!! I'm also kind of annoyed because people keep telling me that "once you're healthy on the inside the weight will just come off naturally!" Well that sounds about as wonderful as a butterfly farting roses, but it also doesn't seem to be the case with me and it's starting to feel like a big fat lie (pun intended!!)!! So what's it going to take? Continuing my investigation, I recently submitted a saliva sample to Fitness Genes, base out of the UK. Where they take a saliva sample and test your genetic profile to see what type of exercise/diet would be optimal for you genetically. Sounds cool, no? I won't get the results back for another month, however, so for the time being, I'm left with no option, but to keep doing what I'm doing. But I'm frustrated because I have no idea what I NEED to be doing to lose weight! What do you do when you're doing everything right, but not getting any results?

No comments: