Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mid-Singles conference and the Strange Chick

So I recently got roped into attended a Mid-Single's Conference here in the Tri-Cities. My first Mid-Single's Conference. Ever.

I have to be honest, I had a good time. I was spiritually fed, met some really great people and came away with some fun memories, like meeting the Strange Chick...

While a friend and I waited in line for lunch a Strange Chick came up behind us:
Me: "Hi ______." (Read her name on her name tag.)
Strange Chick: "Hi." Looks at my name tag.
Pauses, like she's thinking.
Holds up a finger for a second and walks away.
Comes back a second later, scrolling through messages on her smartphone.
Looks up at me.
Reaches out and gives me a great big hug.
Me: "Thank you...?" (In my mind I'm thinking, 'that just happened...')
Strange Chick: "Our mutual friend, David Smiley says (looks down at her phone), 'when you see Micah, give him a great big hug from me.' "
Me: "Who's David Smiley?"


We survived the awkward pause, and then laughed.

Then I made her hug my friend.

Turns out, she wasn't really that strange after all. And I got a great story out my first ever Mid-Single's Conference. Ever.






3 comments:

kathy said...

Awesome! Glad you had fun!

Teresa Marie :) said...

The "Strange Chick" is a blast!

That's who I am said...

...So that just happened... Love it!