Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some pics

I finally got around to sorting through some photos I've taken recently. Here are a few.

My sister likes Orange flowers and I don't know how often she runs across them in China, so I bought some and took some pictures of them for her.











This is the elusive K. This is how she looks about 82.5% of the times I've seen her. I made her put "cami" away for Hometeaching: Dancing Edition...


My friend Kat and I went to Donut Falls up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was still pretty, in spite of the sleet coming down.



These were on the trail. I love Aspens!






From far away it looks like she's anxious to leave (something to do with the freak hale storm, maybe?)



But if you look closely, you can see she's smiling...



There are a few things that never seem to turn out in photos the way they look in real life. I tried anyway.



I loved that you could see the whole moon sort of "backlit." It's much more striking in real life!



I love storms! I was at my mom's house in Lehi as this storm was going by. I went outside, like I usually do in severe weather and was rewarded with this view of a rainbow:




A week or so ago there was a sunset that made the sky look like it was on fire. Unfortunately, I was driving and not able to take any pictures until it had almost faded completely. When I was finally able to park and get out my camera, this is what I got. Not as intense as it was a few minutes before, but still pretty I think.




I'm still working on sorting through the 400+ photos I took on my Memorial Day trip to Manila, so stay tuned - more to come...

1 comment:

Rebecca Foster said...

All the pictures are beautiful! I really miss those clear skies and views. I'm jealous you got to take those pics! Soon for me, though.

I love aspens too. And orange flowers. That was so thoughtful of you. I love that picture.