Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Art

Who am I kidding? I'm not going to be able to feel my legs for a while...

"Someone" (who obviously doesn't like to be mentioned by name in my blog) at work didn't know that I used to be an art major in college... So here are some samples of my "work" from over the years. Stay tuned because I might post more... I may actually post on Flikr as well, once I get through cataloging them all.

This is actually my most recent... I just finished it on Saturday (between conference sessions)... BTW, stay tuned for a post about GenCon 179...


This was done in my painting class. I love the eye-buzz you get from the orange and blue striped chair (you have to focus on where the colors meet - sorry the pic is a little fuzzy!).


This is from my drawing class, on of my personal faves.


This is a Photoshop digital collage. I scanned in all the images and then mixed them together.


This was done in Illustrator (which I've totally forgotten how to use). It's called "Elements."


It's a shame that I feel like some of my best work was done in my life drawing class (live nudes). Because I know several people would be offended at seeing those drawings, I won't post them, but here is one self-portrait (not that well done, honestly, but I really like how the eyes turned out)...


...and this one is an abstract with some graffiti-ish styled markings. I love this one!


Here's a few from High School!

I don't know why I love this one so much, but it has always been one of my favorites!! I used Green as the "Highlighting" and Purple as the "Shadowing" - I just love it!! :)


I copied this from a picture in a magazine... I replaced her hair (dreadlocks) with color stripes.


And last, but not least, this is one I did in 4th grade, one of the oldest "pieces" I still have. There used to be a little white ribbon under the gold sticker - which meant I got an "honorable mention." This picture reminds me of my dad... :)

5 comments:

Thauna said...

Oh my Goodness, MJ!!! I had no idea you were so talented...seriously!!! I love the top one of the trees, so beautiful. I hope you will post more and keep painting! Miss you!

Rebecca Foster said...

Awwww, I remember the mole picture. Cute!

You are very talented. I will commission you to paint something for me once I grow up and find a place to live. :)

Mama! said...

Yes, definitely post more. I can't believe how talented you are! Good work!

The Bingham's said...

WOW, you learn something new everyday about your cousins. I have never seen your artwork. I love the trees. Did you ever help grandpa paint?

marilyn said...

The fourth grade picture also reminds me of you and Bob. Very touching for me.